Thursday, December 20, 2012

Exoplanets

habitable worlds, created by Planetary Habitability Laboratory (PHL)

Scientists are finding more and more exoplanets, which my dad told me about for years before he disappeared. He was a leading scientist in the field. He was convinced there is intelligent life on these planets that is not so much different from life on Earth. Those of you I've talked with personally know what I mean.

So I've been keeping up with the latest news. Scientists have found so many that now they think there's a one in ten chance of finding at least one planet in the habitable zone of every star in our galaxy.

Recently scientists discovered five exoplanets orbiting Tau Ceti, one of the stars nearest to us. Two of them are in the habitable zone.

One of my favorite sites for exoplanets is http://phl.upr.edu/

Here's an article with more information abut Tau Ceti:

http://www.gizmag.com/super-earth-tau-ceti-multiple-habitable-zone/25507/

I have a .pdf of the scientific paper describing this discovery if anyone wants it. Just let me know.

PS-Maybe that's where my dad is?


No comments:

Post a Comment